Thread: Nicky Hayden
View Single Post
Old 08-25-06, 04:52 PM
Chucklehead
Whateverthehell

Bikes: '06 Blue Competition RC5AL w/ritchey pro fork, spinergy stealth PBO, etc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by El Diablo Rojo
No claims about it sport I raced Formula Fords and Formula Continentals from 1994-2004 and prior to that I ran a Mazda RX3 in Gt3 for 4 years.
well that there is quite the pedigree. unfortunately, i know people younger than me who have done more. check back later and see if i'm impressed yet.

Originally Posted by El Diablo Rojo
I've been a motor racing fan for probably longer than you've been alive...
sweet, dude. that must make you what? 75? congrats. man, and i thought i was getting old. i'm glad i'm not that old yet. guess i'll stop complaining.
i'm thinking maybe you aren't as old as you think, though, grandpa. but hey, if calling it the "beach" makes you feel older and subsequently cooler or more knowledgeable, then that's great, too.

i'm not going to argue over your opinions on whatever drivers you think are the best. who cares? it doesn't matter, because in F1, you aren't watching a race. you're watching a manufacturer showcase.
as far as villeneuve's championship goes, a win is a win. but i guess it's ok to knitpick if you're talking about F1, because hey, it's F1. or formula if-ferrari-doesn't-like-the-rules-just-change-the-rules 1. typical euro garbage.
btw, i'm not convinced of kimi's or alonso's ability to develop a car yet. they both inherited contending cars. kimi has done squat with his, and let's see how alonso overcomes the mass damper setback. i'm betting he doesn't. gotta admit it's been fun watching him go backwards, though.

and you can set whatever you want straight about laguna as long as it makes you feel better. i didn't say that was the reason they weren't running there. that was your imagination. i was just stating a fact shown by two cars catapulting over the turn 4 and 8a barriers. one of which resulted in the death of a driver. the drivers don't like the track. it's not safe for top-tier open wheel cars. heck, most motorcycle racers don't like it there, and their corner speeds aren't even close to an open wheel car.
and before you question my knowledge of laguna seca, i've been around it more times than i can remember on a bicycle, a motorcycle, a skip barber school car, and my own car.

have any of the champcar drivers that have gone to F1 been put in truly championship contending equipment? the answer is no. and that is one of the sad facts about F1. if you aren't on one of the contending teams, you....will....not...contend.
ok, you might contend if you happen to be racing monaco or malaysia in a downpour after the leaders have crashed out. olivier panis, anyone?

the last time someone actually overcame their crap-ass backmarker car and even came close to winning in F1 was damon hill in his arrows when he had his hydraulic failure on the last lap and blocked villeneuve into the grass. hungary '97. look it up.

also, F1 cars still have plenty of driver aids. why do F1 fans(shills) always say that? what's the big deal? is it that embarrassing? it's all just part of the millions and millions of dollars they spend to be two seconds quicker than a champcar. you should be proud that there's no passing.

don't hold up the fast guys on your ducati. no one likes that.

Last edited by Chucklehead; 08-26-06 at 02:09 AM.