Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i'll play.

-tricycle. duh.
-a few big wheels... including a CHIPS one and a dukes of hazzard one
-20" huffy bmx coaster brake bike - first real bike when i was 7
-20" huffy bmx with a freewheel... i snapped the headtube off dirt jumping it
-26" huffy mountain bike. i rode the crap out if it during jr. high.
then i didn't ride bikes really in highschool. i played lacrosse instead. gross.
-20" redline 340 comp at the start of college. my first nice bike. i was car-less and commuted on it like an idiot for two years. too bad i didn't realize how fast road bikes were.
-some old 26" women's cruiser i welded a curved top tube onto and painted sparkly blue, threw on tiny cranks and 20" wheels and fenders, a banana seat, sissy bar, and big handle bars... (all parts off of a kid's huffy "sea princess") bing! low rider, foo. it rode like crap and sort looked like crap too. hahaha
-schwinn continnental turd that was waaay too small for me and was prompty replaced with...
-70's peugeot u08. the bike that got me really into riding and into the speed that can be had on a road bike. i turned it into my first fixie in 2002. i still have it and ride it and love it.
-iro jamie roy fixie fgg #738 sold it last winter.
-60's jc higgins cruiser. equipped with streamers and basket.
-then i got into mountain biking and pieced together a 16" hardtail with a triple clamp 4" sid (hahahaha) this bike was waaaay too small for me. it was made completely out of multiple friend's donated spare parts. appropriately, i called it the ****.
-then i got my guerciotti sl for 5 dollars from a goodwill auction and restored it and built it up geared. yet another bike that was too small for me. i sold the frame and fork to a friend recently.
-86 bianchi pista. i got it at the 2004 master's nationals for 300 complete. poor me.
-norco "wolverine" geared hardtail. i still have it and is the loaner bike for visiting friends that want to ride trails.
koxx level boss 1100 stock trials bike. my friend gave me this frame after getting a ground up trials frame made. this bike is so rigged and never runs well, so it's sitting in pieces at the moment. i think every time i ride it i break something on it. i'm not too good at trials.
-a friend and i build up a women's schwinn varsity as a chopper. i have it set up with a 26" wheels, banana seat, sissy bar, ding dong bell, big bars... it's fun.
-iro highlander. rigid ss. i loved this bike soo much. i just sold it to a friend due to my acquisition of a 29er.
-douglas cyclocross bike.
-88 de rosa with slx. my absolute favorite bike i own.
-on-one inbred 29"er. it is waiting for my wheels to be built and then waiting for me to ride the piss out of it.

my next bike might be more of a townie track bike or maybe this oooold path racer (i guess) from the early 30's that my friend is holding for me at his shop. i want to build up new 700c wheels for it, attempt to keep the skip tooth drive train, make it rideable again. we'll see.