Old 08-14-03, 06:59 AM
Anton_Kroupenni

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Russia!

Hi!
My name is Anton, i'm from Moscow, Russia. I'm 33 years old, i'm married and i have a kid of 6 years old, now hi is starting to ride a bike too.
I began my bicycle trips in 1987, since then I have passed many routes, since 1995 as team leader. In 1996 i have made my first travel to mountains, it was a trip to Caucasus, to Osetia and Georgia. In 1998 we have repeated a trip to this region, but we have visited also Svanetia region, where we have been attacked by the armed gangsters. It was terrible battle in which we hardly have remained alive, but could stand and even have taken away from one of bandits a gun. After this adventure we had to replace a region for travel.

And now my prefered place for travelling is Central Asia. It is a very interesting and safe place with friendly local people, and with beauteful greatest mountains. Every summer we go in the big trip to Pamir or Tian-Shan.
I ride round the year, including winter. But my winter trips are not long, it's only weekend trips for 2, or 3 days. In Moscow region, winter is the best time for riding as there are a lot of dust in woods, and in the winter it is covered with a snow.
I have 2 bikes, a road (touring) bike, but equiped by MTB equipment, and an MTB bicycle - Merida Matts Elite Pro, with Shimano XTR equipment. Last time i use my MTB more frequantly, but sometimes i make short travel on the road bicycle.