View Single Post
Old 09-02-06, 12:59 PM
San Rensho 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 91 Posts
Originally Posted by Maxxer
Next year I'm planning to buy a set of new wheels. I can spend as much as 5000$ for the best quality/performance/light/resitant wheelset.

Which one you suggest me? I'll do criteriums,triathlons and 100kms+ races. I'll buy tribars for my triathlons but for the rest... I can't afford a low quality tri bike with my devinci Imola which has the rear triangle in carbon and is built half 105/ half dura-ace and with ultegra.

I was looking at the Mavic Ksyrium SL.

WHat do oyu guys suggest?
This is a joke isn't it? Just the question shows that you have no idea what riding competitively is about. There are no wheelsets out there that cost $5000.00. You can buy several for that much.

Want a suggestion? What I suggest is that you go and train, ride your bike a couple of thousand miles because you are totally clueless about competition. Spend your 5k on a vacation where you can ride every day, because that will make you much faster than the most expensive wheelset you can buy.

Ride any wheels, get a set of Velomax wheels for $200, it won't make a bit of difference in your case because you obviuosly are just starting to ride competitively (or at all) or you wouldn't have even posted this question.

1980 3Rensho-- 1975 Raleigh Sprite 3spd
1990s Raleigh M20 MTB--2007 Windsor Hour (track)
1988 Ducati 750 F1