FlowerBlossom
My tank takes chocolate.

Bikes: Trek 600 series touring bike, Trek 800 hybrid, Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimisnowhere
I learned that acting like a legitimate part of traffic makes drivers treat you like a legitimate part of traffic. Use lights (use them during daylight), signal, avoid blind spots, take lanes, smile, stop and let people turn left in front of you. I think everytime I've allowed some to turn left or allowed them to turn right into traffic I've converted a driver to "bike friendly".

I also learned how to adjust my bike so my hands don't go numb and my nether regions don't get sore

jim
I'd like to add to this legitimate part of traffice bit...don't run a red light just because there's no traffic. I've never done it, but, I sure would like bikers on my commute STOP running red lights.

I've learned that many car drivers actually think just like me, that they are scared for bikers and drive very carefully and slowly around bikers, and for this reason I can no longer think that all car drivers are jerks or potential murderers.

Likewise, there are many bikers who should not be allowed to ride on streets, for all the non-traffic-friendly moves they make in traffic...just because they are on a bike, I don't have to support their biking behavior.