Old 09-05-06, 08:14 AM
bmike
Bye Bye

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by maximusvt
hey man, I did this ride last weekend in the opposite direction, (burlington to montreal). It was a really nice ride, ended up being about 135 miles up in total by bike, but about 10 of those were just riding around looking around for a good campsite and 10 more were due to getting dicked around at the border crossing and having to turn back and go through at another point.
Got a late start the first day and after 50 miles we stayed at North Hero state park. The next day we rode 85 miles and got to montreal around 7 pm. We pretty much took route 2 all the way on the US side, crossed over at Rouses Point, NY and took 225 up through canada. Most of the route is flat, and there's a long bike path that goes along 225, and champlain bikeways will take you along route 2 (but it winds around and is a bit longer). Getting from the mainland into montreal is a bit tricky, I'm not even sure how we managed that... So you might want to have your escape route planned out a bit better if you're looking for an early start.
You should do it! It would be possible to do in one day but I'm not about to try it. Let me know if you have more questions.

Thats the route I though would work.
Still not quite sure how to get out of Montreal. Looked at some maps, Google, etc... never been there - so I'm not sure what I'd be riding through.