Mo'Phat
Scum, Freezebag!

Bikes: 2007 Leader 796R w/ 10sp DA and 2005 Jamis Dakar XLT FS MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigdraft
"but once you get on top of that, there's just two sections of (I believe) 15% or so for a few hundred yards that just crush your soul"

Back in the late 80s, there was a dog that lived across the street right where you're talking about. Just when you were wondering if you were gonna pull it off (the climb), this curr would charging out of his yard and guys would just freak. This would of course give the stuggling cyclinst an added pop of adreneline, which if I remember correctly, was sorely needed right about that point of the climb.
Probably 'charged out of his yard' in front of a truck. RIP, you foul motivator.

Speaking of danger...a motorcyclist was killed this past weekend on HVR when he lost it on a curve near Archie Moore and hit a truck. I've flirted with the centerline a few times myself. Condolences if anyone here knew the guy.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/n...mi6briefs.html - 2nd item...right in the middle of the day, too. Only about 3 hours after I passed the exact same spot. 3rd item is another motorcyclist.