View Single Post
Old 09-06-06, 04:27 PM
hoogie
aspiring wannabe

Bikes: trek 520, thorn nomad, giant yukon, avanti aggressor, bauer racing bike, couple of other projects ...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by frost_from_hell
Does anyone use and/or reccomend a Kathmandu Aspre? Here's a link for further details on it: http://www.kathmandu.com.au/14.html?...id=-1504564379

Oh yeah, almost forgot to say, said tent needs to accomodate 1 person (me) plus plenty of "stuff", or 2 people plus a bit less "stuff" per person. Cheers!
hey there F.F.H. ... i have a kathmandu cisalpine which is a good touring tent ... i had a REI nitelite tent, which was a similar tunnel tent to the one you are looking at ...

personally i find the tunnel tents sag during the night, plus being a bigger guy, there wasn't much room to sit up in them, and after spending most of a really wet and windy day in my cisalpine, i can recommend them ... there was ample room in the cisalpine for a 6'4' guy and all my panniers ...
on the back lawn the cisalpine is quite cosy for the same guy, his 14yo daugter and a boxer dog ...

i wouldn't recommend getting the footprint either ... looks really nice, but when it rains lots, the side sof the tent sag in a little and the water runs down the tent, onto the footprint and then under the tent ... i just use a cut off piece of cheap blue tarp as a groundsheet ...