View Single Post
Old 09-08-06, 03:18 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NOS88
Never thought of a domestic bike as a good disguise. That would mean I'd have to get an Italian bike in Italy, a British bike in Great Britian, etc. I'm suddenly seeing the advantage of extensive travel.

On another note. Wouldn't it be grand if there were that many folks in the US who were riding on a daily basis?

Sounds like you're having a great visit. And, Yes, pictures as soon as you can!
British bike in Britain? They are too damned expensive- or at the other end- as Cheap as chips.(And just as nasty). In fact - I have just heard that there is no European mass producer of Frames now. There are still the smaller manufacturers of course, but most frames are now made in Taiwan. Apparantly- the last volume european producer of frames sold all of their manufacturing equipment to the eastern block or somewhere just as daft.

399 Euros for a bike? That is European economy for you. The cube bikes are not a brand I know, but it is german, and the engineering of that country is normally superb. Apparantly they do make some good MTB's. So you have a bike that none of us know- in a country that not many of us visit and still no pictures. Never mind- You can learn how to do that on your nights off.

It may be quicker to send the pics as an attachment, and I do that within Windows XP. If you save the pictures into a folder on your computer, and in my computer- open up the file and just click on the picture- On the LH side of the screen you can E-Mail the file you have clicked on. Click on E-Mail this file and it will come up with a screen in which you can make the pictures smaller. "OK" That and it will come up with an E-mail with the picture as an attachment and hopefully it will be below 100kbs so you can send it as an attachment to 50+. Open the picture in your photo viewer and save the file - say on your desktop. you can then access it to send in the attach files section of your reply.

If you still find difficulty in doing that- Then send DG a PM and get him to explain to you how to do it. If that does not confuse you- then Get him to make up a powerpoint presentation for you. If you still have problems- Get one of your 12 year old students to do it for you. Computers and programming the micro wave seem to be their speciality.

Spike Milligan