View Single Post
Old 09-09-06, 10:48 AM
Sea Green Sky

Bikes: PedalForce CG1 (the race/century bike), PedalForce RS (the trainer), Eighth Inch SS (the fixie), Flyte SRS-3 (the beater), Caloi Strada Pro (the commuter), Oddball Alu MTB (the tank), Trek 850 (the MTB SS)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Short Ridazz Report

The ride was a blast! There were probably 300-400 people on bikes (wild guess). The scene when we met up with the group at Trader Joe's seemed really massive. I was amazed there were so many people on bikes in one place. Met a guy from the Netherlands on a full touring setup who had just finished ridding from Vancouver, BC to LA. Wow.

As I was riding back to LACC I noticed a small party accross the street across the street from my car. I rode over and peeked in and a guy walks up to me and says something like "Hi, this is my bike shop. Want a beer?". He (Jim, super nice guy) and his partner recently opened the shop, Orange 20 Bikes on Heliotrope just north of Melrose. It's pretty much all fixie stuff, and a bit sparse at the moment but it looks like it's going to be a nice, funky LBS very soon. Definitely worth a look.