View Single Post
Old 09-09-06, 07:48 PM
geraldatwork

Bikes: 2005 Windsor Kennet, 1982 Raleigh Super Course

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I live on Long Island and find Brands to be a very reputable place. Although I have never had to "call" then on something that may of been defective or their problem. Firstly I purchased a bike from BikesDirect which I would assume would piss off any LBS. But I have brought in the bike for minor adjustments which they have done on the spot, because I told them I needed to ride. (They have about a dozen mechanics during the busy season) I have also brought the bike in a couple of times for a quick touch up on a wheel which they did right away. I purchased a pair of shorts which I tried on in the store but when I took them home decided I didnt like how they fit. They no questions asked let me exchange them for a less expensive pair and gave me the difference. I always find the sales people helpful when I am looking for items like gels, tubes, or CO2 cartridges. In the past I have purchased inexpensive mountain type ($300) bikes for my wife and two kids and they came perfectly adjusted, although I had to come back in a few days for them to assemble the bikes. They also offer like most LBS free adjustments for 6 months. Again I have never had a "grey area" situation where it might be hard to determine who actually was at fault.