View Single Post
Old 09-10-06, 10:46 AM
anticoriolis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
80s Peugeot... hard to find parts?

I found an 80's Peugeot bike, don't know what model it is... going to drive down and check it out, maybe buy it today.
RfGnD5nE7tKPVjp9d5Dgc5D9bArC.jpg
Just for aesthetics I am in love with this bike... but I don't know if the components are in good enough condition to ride as-is.

The description of the parts is:
Reynolds 501 lugged frame, Mavic 700cc wheels/rims with tube/tires. Shimano 105 headset. Specialized stem, cinelli bar. Weinman 405 front/rear brakes. Heliomatic rear hub, malliard front hub, sachs rear der. Sachs/huret crank and leather seat.

I know nothing about old bikes. I know this is a steel frame, and that it's around my size, and I like the paintjob. Do these older components hold up? I know the french bikes use a lot of nonstandard sizes and the parts are hard to come by... I've also heard nasty things about the Heliomatic hub. Any help identifying the bike would be great too... I looked around a lot and couldn't find out much based on the paint/decals... it looks an awful lot like a bike listed as a PG10/ID on this 1988 peugeot catalog
http://home.wanadoo.nl/peugeotshow/images/1988_1.jpg

Is this a keeper or garbage? He's asking $125 for it...

Last edited by anticoriolis; 09-10-06 at 11:43 AM.