It's in my blood

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by heresy
Here is the article.

...Psycho John is a legend.

He has been known to grab hold of trucks on harrowing rides down the Hollywood Freeway or to cover his eyes and blast through busy downtown intersections. The closer he comes to death, it seems, the more alive he feels.
This article is more about thrillseeking than cycling. Too bad the difference might be lost on the motoring public.

Recently, I took my daughter to a nearby park to ride her bike and play on the swings. Many other parents were there with their children, doing the same thing. A small group of young people came along, carrying a giant yellow snake. One was riding a bike.

The man on the bike was tearing at breakneck speed on the circular path, slicing between children and adults with inches to spare. Once, he came behind a small girl on her bike and purposely clipped her rear wheel. "You got to know how to ride a bike!" he shouted. "Drugs and biking, what a rush!" he says.

I'm not sure what stopped me from challenging this fool. Maybe it was common sense, something he appeared to lack. Certainly, nobody else at the park was happy he was there.

Last edited by Pete Clark; 08-21-03 at 08:08 PM.