bigskymacadam
so whatcha' want?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cycling on TV?

From my journalistic POV

Scheduled to air in January '07 on Fox Sports, Bicycle World is a new cycling show just for us. Judging from the teaser on the site, the show promises to attract and retain an audience of roadies, gear heads and those with a competitive spirit. The video production and soundtrack look top notch and contemporary. I'm excited to put this on Season Pass with the Tivo.
The site looks like it's going to be a blast, but it's still totally under construction as there's no content to any links except to "Register and Win". The form is most likely for marketing and to garner demographic info to drum up advertisers and to maybe structure some content for the show. Alas, we don't get anything for free so to help get this thing off the ground, I'll fill the darn thing out. I could not find a privacy agreement so my Yahoo! address gets put in.

For me, this is exciting. OLN (soon to be Versus) runs the TDF and regional coverage of races. Discovery and FitTV run a couple of specials on Lance. But we need more Cycling on TV.

http://bicycleworld.tv/

Cycling Rocks! | Local Race Photos