Old 08-22-03, 01:45 AM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
I have never condoned the behavior of those cylcists who ride the freeways or don't stop at red lights. You might note there was a reference by one messenger about respecting pedesterians. I really don't think even the vast majority of this rare breed of cyclist regularily display this kind of behavior.
Part of the problem is in the way messengers are paid. All work should be respected and pay on such a piecemeal basis is the root of the problem. All workers should receive a decent wage. Legal firms have the money to do such, instead of exploit labor.
Don't pick on messengers, truck drivers are often exploited to require poor driving habits to keep their jobs.
I just find this kind of person colorful. Sure lots of writers could base a intregueing novel upon this kind of cycling lifestyle. You will note in the article, at stops clues are given as a murder mystery. I would like to watch this group. Can you bunny hop over barb wire fence.. Wow. takes +++++.
Should observers say that Psycho Joe is the norm, then I will get all indignant. Meanwhile, don't any motorists get all indignant over this behavior. Everyday, I see awful accidents on state trunk highways, that used to be rural- caused by mororists ' impatience and stupidity.