View Single Post
Old 09-13-06, 04:10 PM
crazygreenbiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You're going to be sorry you asked my advice; and yes it is way off topic. Worst case scenario:

If you are a city person moving to a suburb, any suburb you will go nuts! No more walking to the corner store, bar or movie house. You will be driving everywhere and forget the bike. Buy an SUV and put a bike rack on it so you can remember how life used to be.

I don't know rural or suburban Georgia and I'm sure the people there are just the most lovely people who ever walked the face of the earth. Trouble is; it's not urban. you must drive everywhere, there are rarely downtowns to these places but a space of strip malls and fast food joints along a highway.

Try and ride your bike and you'll be stuck on the sidewalk. The semi's and SUVs will crowd you out and I'm sure there will not be any space for bikes on these roads. Add to the fact that after 9:00pm assume that everyone is driving drunk and won't see you anyway.

To those people who are offended by what I have to say I would like to impress upon you that this is the worst case (and I've been there). There are many rural areas with highways with wide shoulders, bike paths and lanes and sober considerate drivers. Other towns have active downtown areas with shops and services.

Choose your area well. Ask a realtor:It's location, location, location."

Originally Posted by rodfrank
Don't come. We already have enough Yankees telling us how they do it up north.
Also, no matter where you go you will meet rude, bigoted people.

Last edited by crazygreenbiker; 09-13-06 at 04:16 PM.