Old 09-14-06, 12:11 AM
sers

Bikes: Land Shark, Level Professional, Tsunami singlespeed, Giant Reign 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul And Pista
So I'm in a situation where I put a deposit on a custom track bike, that's on target to be finished somewhere around 8 or 9 months later than the builder predicted. The bike is about 70% built, I think. Anyway somewhere in those 8 or 9 months with moving and starting to commute by bike, my bike priorities changed a bit, and now I'm not certain that I really need a custom track bike. What's more is I'm having some doubts about the fit of the bike. It sounds like it might actually be a bit too large for me.

What do you think I can do in the situation? Just finish the build and put the bike up on eBay? I'm not sure I'll be able to find someone to pay what I did for the bike. Or do you think I can work something out with the builder? Any suggestions? I'm feeling all kinds of guilty for even ordering the bike now. I suppose this isn't much of a hypothetical.
why do you think that it's going to be too large for you? how were you measured? i'm not sure how responsible a builder is for fit when he's provided with inaccurate measurements - but if he measured you, it should fit. one of the framebuilders here will likely chime in about the logistics of reconfiguring a frame that's mostly built up.

if it's just buyer's remorse, or that you can't afford it anymore then you have to decide whether it's going to be cheaper to eat all or most of the deposit, or to sell it at a potential loss on ebay.