Old 09-14-06, 09:59 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul And Pista
So I'm in a situation where I put a deposit on a custom track bike, that's on target to be finished somewhere around 8 or 9 months later than the builder predicted. The bike is about 70% built, I think. Anyway somewhere in those 8 or 9 months with moving and starting to commute by bike, my bike priorities changed a bit, and now I'm not certain that I really need a custom track bike. What's more is I'm having some doubts about the fit of the bike. It sounds like it might actually be a bit too large for me.

What do you think I can do in the situation? Just finish the build and put the bike up on eBay? I'm not sure I'll be able to find someone to pay what I did for the bike. Or do you think I can work something out with the builder? Any suggestions? I'm feeling all kinds of guilty for even ordering the bike now. I suppose this isn't much of a hypothetical.
Sounds like you have 2 main issues:

1) The builder is 9 months behind schedule. WTF? Is the guy in jail or something? We aren't construciting an office building. Why a 9 month delay on a bike that is 70% done?

(If I were a betting man, I'd bet that little or no work has been done on your bike.)

2) It seems that you don't want the bike.

Because of point #1, you have grounds to ask for your money back because the bike wasn't complete in a reasonable amount of time. Whether this will really happen is another story.

Good luck