Old 09-15-06, 09:38 AM
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!

Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Just like any physical activity, the right equipment can help increase enjoyment. The shorts are the most important piece of clothing in my experience, and unfortunately, only experience has told me what shorts I like and dislike. Too small or tight and I get chafing, too loose is just annoying. The lycra/spandex type shorts give a bit of muscle support, have superior sweat wicking properties than plain cotton, do not bunch up or catch on the saddle when mounting up, and offer some padding based on the type of liner or chamois.

Jerseys are cut longer in the back than a regular shirt so that they still cover your backside when in ridign position. Many have a long zipper that can be opened or closed to control body temp some. Most have pockets in the back to carry small items, snacks, etc. Again, the fabric offers superior wicking than just plain cotton and the trimmer fit does not flap in breeze, etc. If you dont care about the cut or pockets, get a wicking fabric t shirt from WalMart, Target etc. for much less.

PM me if you want input on brands I like, etc.