genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by Extort
Genec, if all that you can contribute to bicyclists rights and safety is going to city council meetings, then I say THANK YOU! We need you there because some of us would rather be working with the people that do not know how to deal with traffic while riding. We all have our own parts to play.
Thanks... it ain't much... but it is a voice.

Originally Posted by Extort
And to every experienced cyclist that says 'I don't need to take that class, I already know this stuff' really needs to have their head examined. They might not learn as much as a newbie, but the classes are not geared towards morons and I'll bet that everyone learns at least one thing during the day. Yes, even people that have been riding for 30 years with no problems.
I did learn something every day... since I went as a very experienced cyclist... I was able to pick up on some very subtle small things. The biggest lesson for me... how to keep those little bottles of "tube glue" from drying out.

Actually some of the more advanced mechanical stuff was pretty good. And honestly, I still have a hard time with high speed turns.