Old 09-15-06, 09:06 PM
straightedge
Me fail English?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Helmet Head
If you think that's what LAB courses are about, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Yeah, they teach you things that WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE! Like how to keep your glue from drying out.

I don't have a problem with the classes, if you think you need them, great. I've never seen any information about these classes, are they teaching how to actually ride the bike, or ideas on how to do it safely? If they are just learning how to ride, they should find a parking lot and just learn to use the bike, instead of riding on the roads with their new "training". Most of the stuff that is apparently being taught does seem like common sense, maybe the riders just don't have it.

Maybe it should be more about how to think on your feet too, it isn't worth being "right" when you're smashed under a car. I understand the things in the class are meant to keep you alive and safe, but things change quick on the street, or trail, that you have to react to without time to think about what to do.

While I agree that a long time rider shouldn't act like they know everything, though something kept them alive all of this time besides just luck, a new rider can't think that the best training can make up for lack of real world experience.