View Single Post
Old 09-15-06, 09:15 PM
rando

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by genec
Special gear? Right bike? Gee, I took my two road classes using my two old bikes. I wore a jersey in the first class and got called on it by everybody including the instructor. In Road 2, the Bikes were all old and worn... Although I was the only one still using friction shifters.

Special gear... a helmet was the only required gear... oh and a bike. Hardly "special."

Sorry folks, but someone is painting a pretty polluted picture that just ain't right.

You're right, it's not rocket science... It's pretty common sense stuff... but if nobody showes it to you, then I guess it's not all that common, eh?

Where did you learn how to fix a flat?
oops. this was two separate rants. sorry I combined them. I was talking about the general attitudes of many so-called bike advocates. It seemed that this sub-topic was being explored, so I put my 2 cents in. Sorry I didn't color inside the lines! so.... yeah, yeah, bike classes are great. everyone should take them. I'm sorry to malign the bike classes, golly gee, they are the best!

Cyclists fare best when they recognize that there are times when acting vehicularly is not the best practice, and are flexible enough to do what is necessary as the situation warrants.--Me

Last edited by rando; 09-15-06 at 09:30 PM.