Old 09-15-06, 10:07 PM
damnable

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Helmet Head
I saw it. I wasn't impressed.

It showed that worst case, cell-phone use is as bad as being on the borderline between legally sober enough to drive, and drunk driving. At that BA level it's probably hard to get a conviction for drunk driving.

I mean that's not great, with all the hand-wringing about the alleged horrors of cell-phone use while driving, you'd think it would be worse than that.
Twas 0.08% Blood Alcohol, just to be nitpicky. It's already illegal to use a hand held phone here and if it's any example people are just going to ignore it. I see people everyday using them while driving, you can almost see them from behind because they are swerving around in the lane. If I am driving I take every opportunity to stop beside them and lean on the horn so they can't hear anything from the phone and hopefully the person they are talking to gets the message as well.

This all stems from an incident while taking driving lessons when I was almost killed in backstreets by a guy in a suit coming out of a T intersection (where he had absolutely no right of way) and nearly killing me. Well, to be honest, he did see us halfway through the turn and slam on his breaks so his drivers side door was directly in the path of my car, so it was much more likely he was going to be killed. Lucky for him I was a learner at the time and doing about half the speed limit.