genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by Extort
Personally, I found it amazing that after moving to SoCal from Colorado (where I grew up) I found that many people have never even been on a bicycle. They have no idea how to balance on two wheels, so the finer points of cycling like 'How to cross railroad tracks and not fall on your face' were completely lost on them.

Back to the original question..... I saw elitism, an deficient method for obtaining large number of students, and cost as being the issues that people are bringing to the table.

Any other issues with LAB/VC/HH ? (I know that it is a loaded question, but I believe that N_C's intent was to learn from this thread)
Well, just to set the record straight... HH is not VC nor LAB. He is well beyond those. He has in fact taken VC to a whole new level. He is not alone... I know of others like him. Frankly, they have been refered to as "Fosterites" by some.

So while HH does recommend the LAB courses, what the LAB offers is hardly what HH "preaches."

For example, I on the other hand like bike lanes, but then I know how to use them and how to judge when their use may not suit me.

I know other folks in the area that are even more "preachy" than HH... They get downright militant at the discussion of "bike lanes" and "cyclist's rights." (I try not to discuss it with them... )

Anyway... The LAB classes do have merit, and are not some VC indoctrination ritual or anything like that. So folks that dismiss the LAB classes based on what they feel they know, due to their conversations with HH, are off base.