n4zou
Scott

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mag-Lite 2AA, 3-watt LED flashlight.

To get to the Monday, Wednesday, and Friday quickie runs that start at 6:30 I need to do 6 miles and a breakfast stop so I will be running in the dark on my road bike. If I were on my commuter bike with its 20-watt halogen light this would not be the problem it has become! I simply do not like any of the LED bike lights I have seen. What I do like the looks of is the Mag-Lite 2AA, 3-watt LED flashlight I found in Wal-Mart today. I can easily clamp it to my handlebar with two EMT conduit clamshell type clamps so attaching it is no big deal. Removing it is not going to be hard either. It will easily fit in my blowout bag when not required. What I am impressed with is the ability to adjust the beam width by twisting the head as with all Mag-Lite flashlights. With a 3-watt LED it should be bright enough and it's half the cost of a 1-watt bicycle specific light. I am running blinkie lights so I don’t need the built-in sidelights all the bike specific lights have. Has anyone tried one of these lights? I am going to wait a few days so if someone here has tried one and has found it less than ideal I wont waste my money on it.