Old 10-16-01, 08:21 AM
a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike shop mechanic here! Hooks o.k., but not too elegant. At home, I've taken a piece of 1-1/2" Schedule 80 PVC Pipe about a foot long and suspended it about 6" below the ceiling with two pieces of all thread (wrapped in padding). I then hang my bikes from the seat! I hook the pipe with the front of the saddle and the bike settles into a nice position. This way I don't hang my bikes vertically (wheel wise).

The worst thing you can do for your bike is to store it on the ground without air in the tires. The sidewalls will crack and disintegrate in a short time.

Also, with many suspension bikes, storing bikes up-side-down causes the oil to leak past the upper seals in the forks. If disc brake equipped, the oil can also leak past the lever. IMO, I store the bikes in the same relative position that I ride. That is why I use the seat hooking method. Please note that the bike hanging from the seat will hang with the front tire lower than the back. This is the same relative position that I like to ride! Downhill!
L8R G8R:cool:
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger