View Single Post
Old 09-20-06, 12:12 PM
Keith99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ginny
So, instead of saying we are all sick for wanting to keep our legs intact and our bikes from getting messed up come up with a solution.
The way I see it, and I'm thinking most others are, if a dog is aggressive toward a human there is a good chance that the owner of the dog is either also aggressive, or just doesn't give a crap about what the dog might do to a cyclist.
Cyclists should be allowed to enjoy a bike ride without having to worry that a dog is going to appear from nowhere, chase them down and take a chunk out of the leg, get under a wheel causing an accident and road rash or just scaring the living chit out of them!

My husband was chomped on by a dog and the owner was 'sorry' but it didn't keep the dog on a lead the next time we went by the house.
A friend did the go-to-the-door-and-talk-to-the-owner thing and the owenr came to the door with a shotgun.
What should people do?
Come up with some suggestions and some if/then statements.

Ginny
05 Specialized Sirrus Comp
I'd suggest finding out what you can about shotgun guy. In general police don't like stuff like that. If I were in a nasty mood I'd get the right backup and then take the puppies for a walk near his house.

What ever you try you have to be ready to take it to the conclusion. If you start down a confrontational route with this kind of person you can not afford to back down.