Old 10-16-01, 08:42 PM
*WildHare*
Chi-Chi Monger

Bikes: 08 Cannondale Synapse, 09 Marin Alpine Trail 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know pete. Cars do have their place. I'll bet you didn't take your wife to the hospital on the back of a bicycle when it was time to give birth now did ya

I do agree we've grown dependant on them more so than is needed. It's a culture that a lot of us have grown up around. There is a freedom that comes from being able to hop in a car and just go. Yes you can hop on a bike as well, but not to visit your relatives in a different state (I'm talking about the entire family coming along so don't even start).

To expect everyone to live close enough to work to commute everyday on a bike is expecting way too much. And isn't that what it's all about these days? WORK? The Rat Race? Money money money?

Want a roof over your head? Gotta work. Want food on the table? Gotta work. Economics do force the issue. You have to get to work somehow. Someway. Everyday. Rain or shine. Young or old. That's America right now. Birth. School. Work. Death (from the Godfathers in case anyone is paying attention ).

And like Forrest Gump said, "That's all I have to say about that"... Time to order that Pizza now