JayC
Guadzilla

Bikes: Pinarello F4:13 W/Campy Reecord & Blue RC6 W/SRAM Force

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ChainRing
A) Every part in the shop is money tied up. LBS owners (espically small ones) dont want to tie up money in odd/special parts. They want to have things on the shelf that sells and they can turn a PROFIT and grow as a company. Prepaying keeps every idiot from ordering parts, then deciding that they dont want it and never come to buy it. How would they be out a dime weather they ahd it in stock or ordering it, if they sell it at full retail there still making the same profit, the shop just hasnt had their money tied up in the part for 6 months beacuse it dosent sell well.

B) Well yeah........they have to call a supplier or importer. You think there gonna forge/machine a Campy groupset on site?

C) Hell yeah there gonna charge LABOR........your paying someone for their time and expertiese. Labor is a totally seprate transaction, noone said you HAD to have them install it.

Sheesh!
You can justify it any way you want. They basically had the option of making some money or no money. They got no money. How that is better, Im really not sure but you seem to have an insight I dont have.

Ive dropped several thousand in this place in the last few months in parts alone so I think its pretty safe to say that if I tell them I want something, I'll be there to get it.