View Single Post
Old 09-23-06, 11:33 AM
mechBgon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
For comparison purposes, here's a photo with my camera flash at the lowest setting. You can compare the reflective intensity of various stuff here.

The helmet on top of the rack bag has the Blinky 5 with its retroreflective lens (the light is switched off here).

The red and white reflective tape on the fenders, a couple places on the front wheel, and the ends of the pedals is DOT Conspicuity Tape, which you can get from auto-supply stores in the US.

The amber tape on the rear rack struts is glass-bead tape (TrimBrite, similar to ScotchBrite).

The trim on the rack bag and the front panniers is ScotchLite.

I set a Jog-A-Lite reflective legband on top of the crankset, and draped my ANSI Class III vest over the top tube. That's Avery-Dennison 2-inch OmniBrite tape on the vest, if anyone's looking to get the tape itself.

Next on my list: get some more DOT Conspicuity tape and add some to both wheel rims (except I keep wavering because I want to build new wheels for this bike). I'm working on giving it a visual "signature" that really spells out B I C Y C L E whenever possible, so the circular shape of the wheels would be valuable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
reflectivity.jpg (77.0 KB, 60 views)