View Single Post
Old 09-27-06, 03:50 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by bdinger
Thanks for all the support! This really is a great forum, and good to find others in similar situations. There are so many stigmas with weight that it's not often you can find a group you are comfortable talking about such things with.

Anyway, my goal was to do 100 miles this week and get 200 miles in for the month. By FAR this month has been my lowest, with lots of work commitments and weather hindering my rides. In august I had right around 250-350 miles. But, when I don't ride, I'm on the elliptical. Today I've had some uncomfortableness since the AM, and I know if I ride tonight it will just get worse. Instead of spending the weekend hurting, I'm opting for a "day off". I'll either really have to kick it in the ass thursday and friday (I'm at 53 miles for the week) or just accept that I had a slow month. Hopefully October will be a damn good month, because Nebraska will start turning into a frozen tundra ASAP .

However, it does feel good that in this week I've done 53 bike miles, but only 3 miles in my vehicle.

Tom: Also, thanks for the endorsement. Your story was the one that gave me the "balls" to post my weight and full story.

Finally, tonight my fiancee is going to help me finally clean out my closet. All the clothes that are too terribly ridiculously big for me are going away. If anyone needs good 4x-6x clothes, let me know, they are free if you pay shipping. Otherwise I'm going to donate them to charity - no reason to keep them around, I'm NEVER going back to that size.
Make sure you keep ONE pair of those ridiculously big pants! They will be a better motivation than anything else! (Valid Psych principle: Skinner's Operant Conditioning model!)

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant