Old 09-30-06, 11:52 PM
erader

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by highlyselassie
What really needs to happen is...if people want the handlebars higher, they should start riding the right size frame(fistful of seatpost or less) and manufacturers should start producing frames with longer seat tubes than top tubes.

Nitto is just taking advantage of a generation afraid of the top tube, they didn't create the problem and you can't blame them for profiting from it. Those high rise stems are worse still, why should one have to do calculations to work out the *real* extension of a stem.
i favor a higher bar position and i disagree. too big of a frame means too long for me and way too short a stem not to mention no sack clearance. just right has meant getting customs stems made by salsa at $150 a pop.

of course that was before the treadless steerer.

look at road bikes today vs the past. you see much higher bar positions because of threadless steerers and more selection of stems of various rises.

the technomic, then, was ahead of its time because while we were trying to look cool on our bikes all we really wanted was to be comfortable .

ed rader