herbm
Embracing the fredness

Bikes: Habanero Ti ,Trek Pilot 2.1 , Niner Jet9 29'r, Giant Cadex 380

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lsits
I did the ride in03. Muy first "long" ride. I don't know why, but they didn't start until 10:00 AM. Way too late, in my opinion. Then there was the whole mass start cluster you-know-what. The SAG stops were woefuly inadequate (sp?). And to wop it off, you had to arange your own transportation back or use one of their shuttles for $20. I'm not a big fan of mass starts.

This also started at 10...that is usually a bit late for me..but I guess its to give the friday night partyers a few hrs sleep....
yes the sag stops only had water...and they handed it to you in cups...I wouldnt drink it since..I really didnt know where it came from....but I am one of those roadies who wears a camelback...yes...ALL THE TIME!!! So with that and my 2 24oz drink mixes I was set....

Our group had that planned so they dropped us off and met us in ensenada...but Linda and Debbie had to shuttle back...in fact when they saw how they piled the bikes to transport...they asked me to take their bikes home..They are new and they have gotten over that first scratch fear...so I threw theirs on the rack also..