View Single Post
Old 10-02-06, 12:12 AM
silent1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Someone stole my bike

I had a Varsity with a rotafixed cog. I came back to my apartment today and the bike is gone. I am sad because this bike has been with me, in various styles, since the start of my college career. It has never been locked up in five years, and yes I know this was stupid and I am asking for it, but it still sucks. I have been thinking of ways to destroy somebody or the bike, if need be, when I find it or them. I have been thinking of just carrying a wrench with me and unscrewing the wheel nuts so that the person who stole it loses control and faceplants in the middle or the road. I have also been thinking about just carrying my extra u-lock with me so that when I do find it I can lock it up and get it later, which seems like the most sensible option. I am confident that I will find it because I live in a small town and if someone stole it to use I will eventually see it. What else could you recommend to really stick it to the other person riding my bike.

Just wanted to add that I reclaimed my bike tonight. I was riding home today and saw it leaned up against a house. I went back tonight and took it back. It is a little beat up by I have been building a huge parts box that last couple of months. Back to another 5 years of no locking up.

Last edited by silent1; 04-13-07 at 09:16 PM.