Old 10-02-06, 06:57 AM
Richard Cranium

Bikes: 2003 LeMond -various other junk bikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 35 Posts
Again, this thread was an attempt to start a discussion about each cyclist's use of his or her physical ability to complete any ride in the most efficient manner. Specifically, I am requesting information about how you adjust your, intensity ie, HR, pace, gearing etc, with respect to climbing and descending hills.

I pointed out, that a previous thread, had several comments that claimed that some cyclists could be faster in hilly rides. I also indicated that I thought that this was a strangely, ignorant belief, and that anyone who maintained such an idea must be stupid or --- ride their bicycle in largely azz-backward, inefficient manner.

Hence, I started this thread, to find out more about some of the forum members approach to riding hilly areas in an efficient manner. Do you "push yourself" in the hills? Or only on the flats? Do you keep pushing downhill, or rest?

Please, how many people, understand the contents of this post? I actually have a "minor degree" in journalism, but obviously demonstrate little ability to write well - at least for this audience.

As far the smart remarks, well they aren't - c'mon people, you can do better.

Last edited by Richard Cranium; 10-02-06 at 07:19 AM.