Old 10-03-06, 06:04 AM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
Originally Posted by HokkaidoRider
You're right, the screening process to decide who is obese because of their own "fault" or not would be brought into question for sure. I actually usually dont even bring a carry on, sometimes just a plastic bag with some snacks I bought and a book. I didn't know at all about heavy carry on causing crashes.....scary. Definitely though, obesity has at least partly caused the flights to lower their limits, as well as high oil prices... let's just blame G.W., that's easiest!
I just recalled one flight were on in south america. Did not think anything about it at the time. BUt, the take off was delayed. They asked passengers to be re-assigned seats from the orignial assignments. Not sure what that was about? I suspect something related to my post? It was a medium sized aircraft. When i board, I have to have my carry ons. Such as my laptop, cd's, reading material. Doubt it is more than 10 lbs.One flight we were so fleeced by United Airlines for excess weight. My solution is to send regular mail( the national post office, is my choice due to reasonable charges.) for much of my luggage. Just remember insuring it is vital.