Turboem1
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Reno

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spdrcr5
I know exactly where Bellmore is. I grew up on the Island! I also know all of the other towns you listed.

Do you work on the Island or in the City? I work out in Melville and bring my bike(s) with me every day. I plan on riding the LIE Service road after work today. Hoping to get in ~30 miles. I generally ride the Wantagh Bike Path after work, but that's being closed on the Oct 10th until next May because they are laying down a cable from NJ.
Good to see someone else familiar with Long Island. I was starting to think every person was from NYC.

Currently I work on the island, but its just a part time job as I am still a student. I ride with my brother who is out of school and has a job on the island (farmingdale). I see people riding on the service roads of the LIE all the time and it looks like a great place to ride.

When you say you ride the Wantagh Bike Path, do you mean the one from Cedar Creek Park to Jones Beach? If so thats just my luck, buy a nice bike and then they shut down a bike path very close to my house for work. Where do you live?

Anyway I have heard of some other spots but have not been to them yet. People mention a trail from Massapequa to Bethpage I think. Not sure exactly where it is.