Old 10-06-06, 06:44 AM
Scooper
Decrepit Member

Bikes: Waterford 953 RS-22, several Paramounts

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 57 Posts
I've been to all of mine, and had a pretty good time at them all. The tenth was the worst as everyone was still hanging with the same friends they hung with in high school and not really socializing with those outside their cliques, and I suppose I was as guilty as anyone else.

My high school class was pretty big at 525, so not everyone knew each other even when we were going to school. My last reunion was the fortieth in 2000, and when I first walked into the hotel ballroom for the Friday informal welcoming social, I swear I thought I was in the wrong room; these people were OLD, and I didn't recognize a soul. Nobody cared about how successful anybody else had been or how many kids/grandkids they had; we were all just happy to still be alive. Fortunately, the reunion committee had the foresight to prepare nametags for everybody that included our senior yearbook photo.

One thing I remember being struck by was the way the girls who had been homely wallflowers has really blossomed, while the girls who had been prom queen, homecoming queen, dated the quarterback, etc., hadn't held up very well.

I'll probably go back for my fiftieth in 2010 if I'm still kicking.

my bikes

Science doesn't care what you believe.