View Single Post
Old 09-09-03, 08:52 PM
TXCiclista

Bikes: 2017 Ridley Fenix SL, 2008 Trek 1500, 1998 Diamondback Apex

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I guess. I agree that you do what works for you. On the other hand, I can't bring myself to pay over $50 for any pece of clothing. I think $100 shorts are like $100 Nikes: overpriced (though, to be honest, the shorts probably have more $ behind tham than the shoes ). Granted, I've never had a pair of $100 shorts and they might be like riding on air, but after a fvew break-in rides, I don't know my shorts are there (or my jersey, etc). My mind and nody just gets used to them. As for durability, couldn't even begin to guess. My last pair of cheapos ($30) lasted 10 years (actually, hey still work, but my hips have grown ;D )

I don't know, I kind of believe there's a bit of elitism to everything people (especially Americans) do and we tend to go to excesses (we spend $100 on a pair of shorts (or whatever) while children starve). It's also the law of diminishing returns. I just can't pay 300% more for a 20% increase in performance But, as I said, and you all pointed out: that's just me Maybe I'll get a freebie pair of fancy shorts some day and my whole world view will shift Then again...