Old 10-20-01, 09:19 PM
dixiepixie
Donating member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Y'all!

Hello from Georgia. I found this group tonight and have been reading posts for a while! I see there are some fellow Georgians... yeah! I'm a newbie bicyclist (not counting my kiddie years many moons ago it seems). As a matter of fact, I am so new that I haven't even gotten on the bike yet! I sure did love my Columbia 10-speed back in my teens, though.

I bought my bike today -- low-end compared to some of the bikes I'm reading about here tonight, but as I have a horrible habit of not staying committed to these things, I didn't want to spend a fortune. If I'm a good girl, eventually, I'll upgrade. I bought a Trek Navigator 300, and in my little test ride today, it felt comfortable. I'm interested in road rides and trail rides.

This is a dual life change for me, as it is my goal to FINALLY put down the nasty cigarettes that I've been smoking for years.

Tomorrow I go out and do a LITTLE bit on the bike. I don't want to do too much too soon as I'm very out of shape. Little, but out of shape nonetheless. I've also put on about 17 pounds since beginning a job in Atlanta in February of this year ... I know. I know. That's a bunch in a short period of time, but they feed me too well!! So.... I'm not as little as I was!

I'm 42 and am really looking forward to my new pursuits. There is so much to learn. If anybody can recommend any REALLY good web sites, that would be great.

Anyway, that's a little about me. Happy trails!