Old 10-09-06, 03:38 AM
don_lee103

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Winter Time! Q's about the accesories!

Hello bikers!
I've noticed that the weather was getting really cold lately that I don't think I will be able to go out on the road anymore unless it's extremely sunny. (I dont like biking when its cold )
So I went to couple of Bike shops to look for a bike trainer so that I dont lose my shape over the winter time. The price were ranged from $109 (Travel Trac with Mag & Adjustable Trainer) to $259 (CycleOps Fluid Trainer) Since this is my first time buying these stuff, I need your professional recommendations (as always)
Ive decided that I will be buying my trainer at either Performance Bike Shop or ebay whichever the cheapest.
Is it worth paying extra $$$ for the expensive ones? i mean the stuff varies from Magnet to Fluid.. should I consider these stuff when buying? (Performance bike shop has cheap Travel Trac stuff on sale for $109 with Mag + Adjustable Trainer) Could you tell me what is the most important thing to look at before to buy trainers? All I want from my trainer is Resistant control and it has to run well.

Secondly, I'm also in need of a workstand. I know that Park Tool is a good brand to look at but is ULTIMATE PRO COMPACT also a good brand too? I'm trying to get these off ebay so that I can get it for little cheaper. All I want is simple. I want stand to be portable, fits my size (Im 6.0" tall) and its strong enough to be held tightly during the repair. What do you recommend?

Thirdly, Is having the chain cleaner necessary? bike shop told me yes, some people said no... whom should I believe?

Lastly, Tires... I'm thinking about buying a spare tire just incase if my tire pops.. (Well.. I have to buy one anyway in the future) and I was thinking about getiing Michelin Pro 2 Tires... What are soo good about them though? all my friends seem to have this tire including people in this forum.. I mean there is gotta be a difference because this tire is $48.99 @ Performance!! compared to $24.99 regular road tires. Also, ive notice that they are 700x23c.. is this mean it will wear down even faster? (I have 700x25 right now)

Thank you in advance
Don.