Thread: Total Geekiness
View Single Post
Old 10-09-06, 09:50 AM
robtown
Muscle bike design spec

Bikes: 70 Atala Record Proffesional, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, 76 Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 OutRiderUSA HyperLite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Adiankur
anyone here use the lightbrain and understand it? if so, I was wondering what the web page said about not being able to use a strobe with it. Is there any way around this, or do you need a seperate battery pack and fuse to run your strobe, or can you just run a seperate line from your batter for it? Im thinking I would just make a smaller battery pack for the strobe, as Im going to go with 12 volt strobe, and really dont want to send 14.4 volts into it.

Also, Im torn between going with a dual 20w and 10w or just going 2x20w with one spot and one flood, any suggestions? I have read most of the geekpages, but some are older and not sure what current thought is on the subject.
I have a lightbrain that works well. I use a 18v battery so the (14.4 or 15.6) version 12v cutoff and other protections are moot. I have multiple optronics housings with 20w and 35w bulbs. The 35w are mostly various degrees K Solux - whiter light.
My advice is to use 8 - 11 degrees for spot and 15 - 20 degrees for flood. The spillover on even a 8 degree spot takes care of the first 10 yards.