View Single Post
Old 10-09-06, 03:39 PM
domestique
Shut Up and Ride

Bikes: 05 Cannondale Six 13 (Record 2008 with DT rr 1.1 rims, WI H2 Hubs and CX-ray spokes), OLMO Antares (Micx of 06 Record and Chorus), 1988 Tunturri, 1980's Fuji, 1970's Crescent (Sweeden)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by don_lee103
Secondly, I'm also in need of a workstand. I know that Park Tool is a good brand to look at but is ULTIMATE PRO COMPACT also a good brand too? I'm trying to get these off ebay
Hey Don, I just bought a Ultimate Pro stand (not the compact but the red one). They go for around 189.99 but you can get them cheaper with different web sales (I paid 160.00

I went with Ultimate over Park Tools because you get more for your money and Ultimate makes a lot of stands for other things then just bikes. Check out some reviews.... Velo news did a review on stands and so does Ultiamte's website.

http://www.ultimatesupport.com/s.nl/...21&category=60

I originally wasn't going to spend this much on a stand but couldn't justify a park tools home mechanic stand that was only a little less but without folding legs... I spent a little more then I originally wanted but am very satisfied and this will last a long time.