Thread: Windbreakers
View Single Post
Old 10-10-06, 02:30 PM
zzzwillzzz
shut up and ride

Bikes: supersix hi-mod,burley duet tandem,woodrup track,cannondale cross,specialized road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i have the optik as well. i don't ever wear it unless its wet out. too sweaty for me and it's sleeves flap too much, especially downhill. i really thought that i would like it but really only throw it in my pocket when it looks like it might rain. it does fold down really small like others have mentioned. i wear the pearl izumi zephrr vest with the mesh back all the time. when i was commuting last year in the dark i bought an illuminite jacket with zip off sleeves. the back and the back of the sleeves have a small reflective pattern to give drivers something to aim for in the dark. it's much, much heavier than optik and it flaps a little at speed but much better for cold weather. if i got a little warm on the climb i would unzip the sleeves a little for some venting. my dad just bought the vagabond jacket with the zip-off sleeves, don't know how that is yet as he hasn't had a chance to try it out. seems alittle lighter than my illuminite jacket.