View Single Post
Old 10-14-06, 06:39 PM
Terrierman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1400 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
I recently picked up a pair of Borah short liners. Spandex with a liner that you can wear under any shorts, or even jeans when it is colder. So far so good.

As to lotions for chafing, I've had this problem for years, even when hiking. I've never had much success with hand lotions, too readily absorbed into the skin. Vaseline works well, but what a sticky mess. Another sticky but effective option is Preparation H - which is essentially vaseline with a medication that helps sooth irritations, which is what chafing is! Yet another is diaper rash oilment, which leaves a gooey, white'ish mess, but isn't too bad and is pretty effective. Gentle enough for a baby's bottom.

What I like is a locally made, unscented soy oil butter. Whipped up out of soy oil and glycerine - it seems to last longer and isn't as sticky. Eucerin (sic) is good too, and you can find store brand equivalents to it. A 16oz jar can last a long time & can be found for around $5. And for a lotion, the Kiss My Face unscented Olive Oil & Aloe is pretty good.
Thank you