View Single Post
Old 10-16-06, 09:30 AM
mkadam68

Bikes: 2012 MotorHouse road bike. No. You can't get one.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
New to Forums from LA

(Oops...I've been reading/posting in the forums for a couple days and didn't see the "introductions" thread. Sorry.)

I'm from upstate NY (Rochester & Syracuse). Currently live in LA. Member of Santa Clarita Velo. Also ride with San Fernando Valley VC and Newhall Bicycle Co. I played football during high school (grad. '86) and college, giving me a large frame and muscle mass (0% bodyfat ='s 200lbs).

Began riding in 1987 with goal of completing the 1988 "Assault on Mt. Mitchell" in South/North Carolina. Did complete it with sneakers and straps (I know...I know...) in 12hrs 30mins. Ouch. (Went back in 1990 and did much better--completed first 75 miles in 3hrs 20mins--but did not finish (pulled out of my pedals and hurt my back).)

Later hooked up with racers and found out how slow I really was. Managed, though, to improve enough to win a flat 12-mile citizen race in 1993 (Ted Smith Memorial in Chittenango, NY). Moved to Syracuse, and road with local Cat 5/Cit racing team. Had okay placings over next 3 years--couple of 3rds and 4ths in my age group.

Got new job in '97 requiring travelling and a move 1-hour north of Syracuse (Watertown, NY). Stopped riding. Moved to California in 2001. Took up riding again in August of 2006. Currently trying to lose a bunch of weight and get fit. Would like to maybe race, but perhaps do centuries/double centuries instead.

Current set-up is a Kuota Kharma with Ultegra 10sp throughout. Mavic CXP33 wheelset.