View Single Post
Old 10-16-06, 02:24 PM
CigTech

Bikes: Schwinn Empire XL

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Ok first off, I never intended this review to start a war over a bike. I never said that it was the same frame as the $1,400 frames. What I said is that 80% of the frames that are on the Market today are form the same factories. And that was being nice. Most sats so 90% to 95% as coming out of China or Taiwan. this is what I meant to say "If these factories can make a quility $1,400 bike frame then why can't they make a quility $150.00 frame?"

From the above posters link:

Bikes are produced in other countries, but Asian factories probably produce 95% of the units sold in the United States. Incidentally, the "big three" (Giant, Trek, and Specialized) account for almost 80% of all bikes sold in U.S. bike shops.

If you think this bike is a total waste of time, then why are you wasting your time with replying? I think you protest to much. Just because you have a high-end bike, does not mean that anything less is not a bike.

We can't all just drop $1,000 on a bike- this review is for those who cannot. As for the shifters and the drive train parts I already had them to answer your question. I use the bike to get to work- I HAD to have something now. Not wait and save- NOW. I certainly hope that clarifies for you.