Old 10-16-06, 06:23 PM
SemperFi

Bikes: 05' Specialized Sequoia Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finally...It's Here!

Nope, it's not a new bike, or bike parts, or bike accessories, or bike specific clothing. It's also not the day that I ride my age or my first Century.
It is a day, however, that I've been waiting nearly 365 days to arrive and it'll be here on Friday, 10/20/06.
It's the day of our yearly cruise which will be the tenth for the wife and I. We enjoy going in the Fall for two reasons: there usually are few kids on the ship and it coincides with our wedding anniversary which is October 22nd. For those of you who have cruised before, and since this is the 50+ Forum, I'm betting that the percentage is pretty high, you know why I'm looking forward to the trip. It's a vacation where, in my opinion, you get the best bang for your buck. Heck, I don't even care anymore which islands the ship stops at. We've seen them all several times over already. I just love the romance of the sea, the food, and, of course, being waited on hand and foot for ten days. Where else can you throw your towel on the bathroom floor after a shower, come back to your cabin and new ones are hanging on the rack? I try doing the same thing at home for a few days when the trip is over but it doesn't seem to work.
We actually got turned on to cruising ten years ago when my father in law treated my wife and I to our first cruise and we've been hooked ever since. We've been to just about all of the Caribbean islands, east, west, and southern, several times each. And the absolute best was the cruise to Hawaii, the most beautiful place I've ever seen and a place I've promised myself to return to some day. But for now it'll hopefully be nine sun filled days at sea with stops in St Thomas, St Maarten, and San Juan. Bon Voyage...in less than four days. I'll miss you guys.

Last edited by SemperFi; 10-16-06 at 06:29 PM.