Shiznaz
Gone, but not forgotten

Bikes: spicer fixie, Haro BMX, cyclops track, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Offhoff
I'm going to buy a san rensho for next summer if anything goes right at all and I'm going to ride the **** out of all over toronto and the track. Two sets of wheels, no riding in the rain etc but I hope to never own a bike I won't ride on the street.
Its not so much that I don't think hot track bikes should touch the street, its just like, buddy, why are you commuting to work in your Lambo? I'd rather save the paintjob and chance of theft and just ride a more sensible bike around the city.

Originally Posted by somnambulant
Because it's a beautiful work of art and costs about eleventy-million dollars. Plus, you know, the jealousy (which probably counts for more than anything else).
I don't quite feel this way, but I can tell you that when I went to that Scorchers to alleycats exhibit, I was floored by how beautiful and spotless the vintage bikes were. I know people on this forum see that a collector bought some crazy prototype cinelli where he says he won't ride it and everyone goes crazy calling him a snob and how they would ride the sh*t out of it. But then my kids wouldn't be able to look at it 50 years down the road and be like 'Damn'. Keeping something for posterity (not just for the fact of owning it), is a completely noble thing.

I know I'm sure as hell not taking my cyclops on coffee rides...

Does this argument happen with sneaker collectors?

Originally Posted by somnambulant
off-topic: anyone here ever been to Costa Rica?
I've been there too (I fall into the priveleged white boy category with offhoff).

Lovely place. Super people. Get outta the capital as soon as possible and you can't really go wrong. I particularly enjoyed Tamarindo and Puntarenas. The toursity stuff is fun too anyways. Who can say no to taking a zip line through the jungle canopy?

Is this a regular or a bike holiday? Also, learn to like rice, beans, beef and fruit!