View Single Post
Old 10-17-06, 05:35 PM
AnthonyG

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3450 Post(s)
Liked 420 Times in 289 Posts
Originally Posted by kmckay
Recent clinical studies have shown that lean protein-based diets are more effective in improving blood cholesterol and other blood lipid levels than are low-fat, high-carbohydrate diets. High protein diets have also been shown to lower blood homocysteine levels, another risk factor for heart disease. When nutritionists abandoned meats as part of heart-healthy diets, they unknowingly threw out the baby with the bath water. It was the saturated fat that accompanied the lean protein that was harmful -- not the lean protein itself.

I would keep the meat

Also I eat steak {grassfed} and eggs {omega 3} chicken, turkey, fish with a little fruit and allot of vegies as my carb source and my numbers are way better than my high carb low fat/protien numbers.
Well your promoting a South Beach Diet now which I can't support. My view is that its just a "politicaly correct" Atkins diet anyway with not that much more thought.

High protein/low fat diets LACK nutrients which you need either fat OR carbohydrates for so actualy if someone can't handle the thought of a high fat diet I reccomend that they STAY on a high carbohydrate diet actualy.

See, http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/fat-not-protein.html

Regards, Anthony